Two years ago I wrote a series of fifty blogs that covered the career of Kate Bush, in anticipation of her first live concerts in thirty-five years. The blogs began with Kate's debut single, Wuthering Heights, back in 1978 and ended the day of the first show of Before the Dawn, her critically acclaimed stage show. This index is designed to aid fellow fans or curious readers who might want to find a particular blog entry. I hope you enjoy my personal journey through Kate's amazing body of work,
Click on the title word to be taken directly to that blog:
An Introduction: it does what it says on the tin
50. Wuthering: some incredible facts about Kate's No.1 debut single
49. Rolling: Kate visits Japan. More fun than it sounds...
48. Kicking: Kate's extraordinary debut album
47. Stretching: one of the greatest love songs of all time
46. Cropping: some photoshoots that probably felt like a good idea at the time...
45. Loving: Kate teaches British children about homosexuality... no, really
44. Roaring: two albums in one year? That's surely never going to happen again...
43. Spinning: how Kate nearly led me into a life of crime
42. Touring: the legendary first tour in 1979
41. Special: Kate gets her own TV show
40. Breathing: remember when we used to worry about imminent nuclear attack?
39. Delight: she wanted to test her husband, she knew exactly what to do...
38. Imitation: an impressionist's dream
37. Exciting: Kate takes control on her third album, Never For Ever
36. Waltzing: a cautionary tale told in 3/4 time
35. Magic: an underrated Christmas classic
34. Knowledge: some say it's Sat in Your Lap
33. Dreaming: Kate's fourth album, a work of genius
32. Baffling: a flop single (or two), is Kate's career over?
31. Running: No. It's only just begun...
30. Hunting: when Hounds of Love ruled the charts
29. Waving: a first concept piece, The Ninth Wave
28. Katemas: my favourite annual holiday
27. Talking: why Kate doesn't like interviews
26. Soothing: b-sides themselves
25. Experimenting: a compilation album and a new single
24. Collaborating: some of Kate's work with other artists
23. Cathy: Kate's childhood is revealed in photography and song
22. Composing: Kate's music for film
21. Yes: Kate returns again and I make a new best friend
20. Sensual: Kate explores a female energy on The Sensual World
19. Trio: collaborating with the Trio Bulgarka
18. Comic: Kate acts!
17. Trivia: the 1990 convention and my claim to Kate fame
16. Rocketing: Kate pays tribute to her childhood hero, Elton John
15. Pleasure: an emotional return with a new song, Moments of Pleasure
14. Bouncing: Kate has a new single, but which track would it be?
13. Red: the story of The Red Shoes
12. Healing: two contrasting cover versions from 1994
11. Happening: The Line, The Cross & The Curve, debuts at the London Film Festival
10. Missing: 1995-2005, the lost decade. Or was it?
9. Happy: is Elvis alive? This and other mysteries explored in King of the Mountain
8. Glorious: Aerial, Kate's first album in 12 years
7. Masterpiece: my thoughts on A Sky of Honey, from Aerial
6. Understanding: a surprise announcement and a sort-of new single in 2011
5. Directing: revisiting tracks from previous albums on Director's Cut
4. Snowing: Kate's 10th studio album, 50 Words for Snow
3. Misty: the tale of a woman and a snowman
2. Queen: Kate is honoured for her work
1. Dawning: the day Kate returned to the stage after a 35-year absence